The holidays are here, and that means so are the potlucks, office parties, family reunions, and pulling all nighters doing some online shopping.
We all need that extra boost of energy to get through the season and the coffee companies have us covered already with their haute chocolate, peppermint mochas, gingerbread lattes topped with whip cream that taste so airy, you’d swear it was made from snowflakes. Now what about the adult stuff?
I want to ditch the Eggnog this year, and brighten my spirits. (Get it, spirits?) Tequila resposado from Trader Joes will be my main ingredient in mixing up my holiday buzz; partly due to the fact that I have a bottle already in my freezer.
When I think of tequila, I think of margaritas and temperatures getting hot, so what flavors pair well with a little spice?
Apple Spiced Margarita-
- 2 oz. of tequila
- 2 oz of spiced apple cider
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey simple syrup ( heat 1/4 cup of honey & 1/4 cup water in a saucepan, this yields enough for 12 teaspoons)
- 3/4 oz of lemon juice
- If you’re making a pitcher or 12 servings worth,
- Mix in pitcher:
- 1 lemon sliced & 1/2 an apple diced (will look like a sangria)
- For your glasses
- On a plate mix salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Coat the rim of your glass with a sliced lemon and turn your glass at a 45 degree angle and roll until the whole rim is coated.
Serve & Sip. This drink ought to have you feeling all sorts of merry, naughty & nice!
A toast: Enjoy this holiday season whether you are hosting a party or attending a few – remember to surround yourself with people you love.
P.S. if your are hosting a party and want to serve this drink, remember beer & wine are a given when it comes to having “something else” available for guests. So note to self – buy beer and wine.
**Make safe decisions if you drink this holiday season**